The Doubleclicks are a GeekDad favorite: these two sisters from Portland have been making geeky music since 2011, singing about dinosaurs and D&D and cats and the internet. After funding their last album, Dimetrodon, (and hitting a stretch goal that allowed Aubrey to quit her job to work on music full-time), Angela and Aubrey are back to fund their next album: President Snakes.
The project hit its funding goal within the first few days of launch, with three weeks left to hit lots of stretch goals, including things like a printed coloring book, a Doubleclicks-themed set for Fiasco, and an electric cello for Aubrey to make touring more practical.
Their first update included this tentative track list–links go to the YouTube videos for the songs. (The album, of course, will include nice studio recordings of these songs.)
- “Tiny Paper Elephant” (a song about how being weird is good)
- “Really Big Chickens“ (a song about dinosaurs & growing up)
- “Bad Memories“ (a song about bullies & moving on)
- “This Is My Jam“ (a song about the Patriarchy I mean Breakfast)
- “Happy Holidays, Too“ (a song about airplanes)
- “Now I am the Fastest“ (a song about a post-apocalyptic turtle)
- “The Middle“ (cover of Jimmy Eat World’s awesome tune)
- “Coming Home to You“ (another damn touring song)
- “Cats at Parties“ (CATS AT PARTIES)
- “Portland” (new song about our home city!)
- “Thank God It‘s Over“ (the “YOU DID IT!” song)
- “President Snakes” (our first female president)
Rewards include digital downloads, physical CDs, the album on a custom USB drive, as well as other swag like tote bags, t-shirts, and buttons. (Sadly for you, a lot of the custom rewards like playing D&D with The Doubleclicks are already sold out.)
For more information and to back the project, visit the President Snakes Kickstarter page!