Fire up your soldering irons and sharpen up your scissors. The 2015 Mini Maker Faire is returning to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science June 13-14, and they want you.
Inventors, tinkerers, hackers, and do-it-yourselfers, this is your chance to share your craft with thousands of like-minded people at the two-day, family friendly, hands-on event featuring makers from across the state. Visit the Maker Faire website and submit your project for exhibition. Here are a few of the categories that will be represented. If your project doesn’t fit into one of these categories, make your own! It’s all about creativity and imagination.
The Call for Makers is open from now through March 15. After this date, projects will only be accepted on a space available basis up through May 1.
- Artisan Hall: Metal arts, folk arts, woodworking, glass blowing, textiles spinning and weaving
- Fun & Games: Caine’s Arcade / cardboard challenge, sculpture games, Lego, toy hack
- Rocket and Robots: Robotics experience, rocket propulsion, drones and things that fly.
- Tech Tinkerers: Electronics, Arduino, Raspberry Pi and the amazing things you do with them!
- STEAM Celebration: Innovation in education and youth STEAM projects (STEM + A for Arts).
- Arts/Creativity: Connectivity paint, wire, steampunk, fine arts and urban arts.
- Mad Scientists: Denver Mad Scientists, Colorado Labs – NIST, NCAR, CIRES…science exhibitors
- Pedal Power and Creative Cars: Bikes, boards, scooters, Nerdy Derby, human-powered kinetic conveyances
- Character Creators: R2D2s, Stormtroopers, Daleks – Oh My!
- Design and Creation: From 3D design to creating with tools such as CNC milling, welding, and waterjets